Before adding previous work experience, Traders must have at least one customer added to their network.
Previous experience or performance can include successful deliveries, installation, or other completed contracts. Certificates of Performance, sometimes also referred to as Performance Certificates or Certificates of Good Performance, can be added directly to the Trader workspace in the Previous Work Experience section.
Why past performance is important for the success of Traders
To ensure good delivery of public services and value for money, it is important that suppliers with the necessary technical and professional ability are selected to bid for contracts. One aspect of a supplier’s technical and professional ability is its reliability, as demonstrated by its performance of past contracts.
A company or individual that has performed well on previous contracts and has shown proven results in using quality management business practices is likely to do the same on similar contracts in the future. Including past performance as an evaluation factor helps ensure quality suppliers for buyers and places suppliers with public past performance ahead of the competition.
Past contract performance is applicable in procuring goods and/or services in respect of information and communications technology, facilities management, or business processing outsourcing with significant contract value. Listing all relevant completed contracts will make a supplier more attractive in procurement selection processes.
It is crucial that traders make public their past performance to potential customer companies. This will only benefit the trader by providing evidence of project execution.
Managing previous work experience
Who can use this feature?
Owners and Admins of Trader accounts
Learn more about types of roles in Kountable.
- Click the Settings gear icon in the bottom left-hand corner of the application sidebar to access all of your organization’s settings.
- Select Previous work experience under Trade settings.
- Click Add new.
- In the pop-up window, select the applicable Customer from the Customer drop-down menu. These options will come from your Customer Organizations tab that you must input before this step.
- Select a General project product type for the completed contract (ie. healthcare). This should accurately characterize the industry of the goods or services delivered for this completed project.
- Input a Total procurement value amount for the completed project (ie. 1,500,000 USD).
- Input the Completed work year. It is important to remember that all projects and contracts added in Previous work experience are completed. Do not upload present projects.
- Any contracts that Traders complete with Kountable will automatically appear in previous work experience.
- Create a description of the project and what was executed. Add as many details as beneficial.
- Upload at least one item of proof of the project. This may include emails, formal contracts and documents.
- Click Save to complete the entry.